Dear XCom Global customer,
Welcome to your go-to guide for your personal mobile hotspot! XCom Global is excited to be providing you connectivity on your travels, and want to ensure that you are prepared with all of the information necessary to have a successful experience with us.
Please follow this step-by-step guide to get you started!
1. Once arriving at your destination, open up your XCom black pouch to find your hotspot. Press and hold the power button on the side of the device. Wait a few moments for the device to power on. It can take up to five minutes for the device to connect to the server.
2. Once the hotspot is on, you are ready to connect your personal devices (up to 10). On the front of your hotspot, you will find important login information. The SSID is the name of the network you will search for when connecting your phone, tablet, laptop, etc. The password is directly below the SSID
3. Feel free to power off your hotspot when you are not using it. Your device will hold a charge for approximately four hours. When you need to charge your hotspot, please use the provided International charging block along with a micro USB cable in your pouch
For an instructional video on how to set up your device and get started, please visit www.xcomglobal.com/howto
Should you have any issues connecting your hotspot, we are here to help. Here are two issues you could potentially run into:
1. First, reset your hotspot by pressing and holding the power button and the WPS button simultaneously for ten seconds. Once you see “Restarting” on the display, release the buttons. The hotspot is now reset.
2. If your hotspot displays “Limited Service” or has zero signal strength, connect using your device’s wireless connection manager. In order to do so, start your internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and hit enter. You will then be prompted to login to the screen. Use the password “admin”to login.
a. Click “Settings” on the menu bar on the top
b. Click “3g settings” on the menu on the left
c. Click “Network Select”
d. At the “Band Selection Mode” switch to “Manual” then click “apply”
e. Once a drop down box appears, select the network name that starts with “Available” and click “Apply”
f. Then click “Connect” at “WAN Connection Mode” above the “Band Selection Mode”
In the event that you are experiencing a technical issue that is not listed above, please call our 24/7 trouble shooting hotline at 1-877-520-8242 or email Info@XComGlobal.com
Hope you have a safe, enjoyable, and connected trip abroad!